How to Maintain HVAC System during Spring & Summers
2 months ago Vickie Saunders 0
It is time to bid goodbye to those freezing winters and welcome another beautiful spring with zeal. Spring is a season when many people start working on upgrading or improving their home to make it a more comfortable place. Doing all those necessary adjustments, renovations, etc. which were stuck during the chilly weather can finally start over with the onset of spring/summers. One of the important tasks that demand your attention after those long harsh winters is the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
People often forget that just like other parts of the home, the HVAC system is also an essential element requiring due care and attention. Though it is important to perform HVAC preventative maintenance on a regular set schedule, there are certain maintenance tasks that should be performed ever spring/summer to keep the HVAC system in a well-desired condition.
Inspecting your HVAC equipment on a routinely basis can help you in lowering down your utility bills, improving work efficiency and most of all – creating a healthy indoor air quality. There is no second thought to the fact that keeping a well-maintained HVAC system can actually contribute to prolonging its lifespan.
Read on to know how you can take care of your HVAC system during spring and summers-
Hire a Professional
Many people get enticed into cleaning of an HVAC system on their own and avoid spending money on a technician. But what they may not realize is that even if they can tackle most of the maintenance tasks themselves, they should still hire HAVC services every spring/summer to get the system inspected and serviced by a team of professionals. These certified and trained individuals would help you in getting rid of the dust accumulated throughout the year with ease.
Along with ensuring that your HVAC system is squeaky-clean, the technicians would carry out the following tasks to ensure the system is running smoothly for the upcoming seasons:
- Checking all system controls i.e. whether your system starts, operates, and shuts off properly
- Inspecting and tightening electrical connections as any major fault can be dangerous
- Lubricating moving parts to lessen the friction levels
- Inspecting ductwork for any signs of damage or air leaks which allow the air to escape
- Checking refrigerant levels and adjusting them as needed
Take Preventive Measures
Even if you find your HVAC systems working perfectly, you should keep an eye on its functioning to make sure it keeps performing the same in the future. There are a few steps that would be required to improve the working efficiency of your HVAC system and at the same time help you in saving some extra bucks –
- Use a high-quality air filter and replace it when required to improve airflow
- Use a Smart Thermostat that controls the temperature of your home when you are away and help in cutting down energy costs
- Use curtains for exposed windows to block out unnecessary light and heat during summers
- Upgrade or replace your HVAC equipment if it is worn out and obsolete